The Vitality Break instead of a coffee break.
VITALITY BREAK PROVES EFFECTIVE
Reduces Job Stress
The Job Stress Study is designed to decrease job-related stress and anxiety and to increase productivity and job satisfaction. A 20 minute-minute chair massage is provided twice weekly during the lunch period. To date, 14 subjects have completed the intervention. The preliminary results are as follows:
• participants reported feeling less fatigue and being able to think more clearly
• EEG alpha, beta and theta waves were altered in ways that are consistent with enhanced alertness
• cognitive skills were improved (this was evidenced by subjects being able to complete math problems in half the time with 50% fewer errors)
• anxiety levels were lower at the end of the 1-month period
• the massage therapist reported that the subjects were more relaxed immediately by the end of the 1-month intervention
Source: TOUCH POINTS Field T., Fox N.,Pickens J., Ironson G.& Scafidi F.(1993) unpublished manuscript. Touch Research Institute, University Of Miami School Of Medicine.
FL Lic MM7492